I am in love with simple and healthy food, green smoothies and a healthy life. Those who follow me on Instagram probably already know that. I make a lot of green smoothies and I also love experimenting with green salads and healthy bites. My green recipes are simple and can be easily used in every day life. I never give up breakfast and believe that there is no need to spend ages in the kitchen to eat healthy and tasty. We all have so much to do!
I love having green smoothies for breakfast as the quickest and the fastest way to charge for the day. But this is not the only quick and healthy breakfast that I have. I love, for example, porridge and I love topping it with fruits, berries and seeds. I can also add a tiny bit of a maple syrup to enjoy my first meal of the day even more and then serve it. I usually have breakfast with my husband (most of my recipes for 2 serves) who is a big fan of my porridge and all the healthy meals and drinks by the way. That only means to me that the meals are not just healthy but tasty too if they are regularly get eaten by a man:) Well, by THE man in this case. Recently we enjoyed a different type of breakfast that I already included in my list of healthy and quick breakfasts for us as well as after workouts healthy snacks. The reasons are the same:
- These cookies are healthy (Gluten and Oil free).
- Quick and easier to make (you don’t have to be very skilled to bake it. Just follow the simple instructions below).
- They are good for the most important meal of the day (breakfast) and going well as a after-workout snack (which is also very important).
- They are good for vegans too.
- They go well with a morning coffee, if that is your thing.
If all the mentioned above sounds good to you and you are willing to give it a try, here is the recipe:
- 1/4 cup of coconut butter (I used my homemade coconut butter but you can swap it with a one from the shops or even almond butter)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of coconut milk (You can also swap it with almond milk if you used almond butter)
- 1/3 cup brown raw sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Oats, Gluten free
- 1 Tbsp of your favorite small size seed mix (Optional, I used mix of Chia seeds, sesame seeds and flax-seeds)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp starch
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bring all the ingredients together using a mixer until combined well. Add a bit more oats if the consistency of the mixture is too wet. Form cookies with you hands, top with your favorite seed mix, place on the cooking sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes depending on the size of the cookies. Let it sit and cool down for 3-5 minutes. Serve!
As simple as that. Enjoy! Be healthy and fabulous! Feel free to let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.